Why a blog about D&D (and others)?
Some of you may be asking yourself, “What do I need with a blog about D&D, Pathfinder, and the like?” Well, let me be the one to tell you; you don’t.
Not one person who is interested in these games needs a platform to tell you the right or wrong way to play. I don’t want to be a cliché and say “There is no right or wrong way to play”, cause there is, but that depends a lot on who you are, who the people you play with are, and what each of you wants out of the experience. We will dive deep into the player types within tabletop RPGs in a few future posts. But for now, let’s talk about what this blog will bring you.
I hope to build a community of people who love tabletop RPGs and want to find new and exciting ways to get the most out of that experience. I’ll be making posts as often as possible. My goal is to have new content weekly, but while I get the site up a running that might be an aggressive idea to maintain, so bear with me while I tried to get this going.
So, stay tuned for some amazing content to come. Here is a list of the type of content I hope to bring to you:
- Deep dive into the player and DM dynamics (more detailed than the class trope of “How to be a better Player” you see a lot on YouTube and Reddit.
- Other content creators in the tabletop RPG sphere. I cannot claim to hope to create a community if I’m not going to highlight the community.
- New content (mostly in the D&D, Pathfinder realm).
- New option for races, or custom races.
- New options for classes or custom classes
- Options to make some rule easier or manage
- PreGen Quest, Campaigns, and One-Offs.
- Polls about different topics
- Maybe some YouTube content
- Games Play
- Rule discussions
- Product reviews
- I’ll try to feature a new game system from time to time. I’ll talk about why the featured system is good or bad, and what players and DMs should expect to see.
- Possibly a few play-by-post games on discord.
- Rate my Character/Campaign/World. I’ll ask the community to submit their favorite creations to share with the community.
- Character creation contests from artwork found online. My hope is to highlight some of the fantasy artist community that we all love.